Whether you have your own blog or website it can be astonishingly easy to make money online, so much so, you don’t necessarily need either.
Listed below are excellent ideas to make money online, for a full-time income or just to give you a little extra money each month.
Make Money Online Idea #1: Make a YouTube Channel
I published my first video on my YouTube channel on October 6th, 2016. It was so crappy. It was a video of me traveling to Portugal to celebrate the success of my first online business idea. The entire trip was recorded from my iPhone.
It took 6 months before I made my first $1 from YouTube.
Those 6 months were brutal. The only people that were watching my videos was my mom and dad. And the entire process just felt like a waste of time.
There were many times that I just wanted to call it quits and to focus on something that made me more money for the time I was putting into it. But luckily, I continued to pump out more and more videos.
After a year of consistently publishing 2-3 videos a week, I now make an extra $50-$80/day simply by the ads that run before my video is played.
The reason why I love this online business idea is because these videos will last forever. And the views that I receive on a daily basis still remain consistent even if I don’t post videos for a while.
Here is how this business idea makes money:
Google pays you to run ads on your videos
Affiliate sales by recommending products in the description
Driving the traffic to your blog (most recommended)
Once you have a good amount of videos up, YouTube can provide constant flow of traffic to your affiliate offers and products or services. Its this constant flow that gives you the ability to make money in your sleep.
Here’s how I got started:
Research the niche that you want to get into
Find videos with high views and low subscribers
Make 10-15 videos about those similar topics
Once you have those corner stone videos getting views from being shown in the related videos on the similar videos you modeled, consistently pump out at least 2-3 videos a week
Watch your subscribers slowly grow over time
This is the exact process I used to go from zero subscribers to now around 250-500 subscribers a day.
Make Money Online Idea #2: Blogging
As awesome as YouTube is, blogging is far more powerful. Why is that you ask?
Well for one, when people are viewing your YouTube videos, you technically do not own any of those viewers; YouTube does. In most cases it’s no problem, but all it takes is one mistake with YouTube’s terms & conditions and you’re out of a business.
Blogging is different. You are the one that owns all the traffic that comes to your site. Meaning you will always be in business as long as you focus on providing value.
I didn’t start focusing on this business idea until the beginning of 2017.
All I regret is one thing: I wish I would have started sooner.
Not only has blogging allowed me to help impact more people, it has also given me the ability to showcase all of my best resources for teaching people how to make money online in one place.
When I first started blogging, I was not computer savvy at all and had no idea how to create a blog. But luckily, Bluehost (the hosting service that mikevestil.com was initially built on) helped guide me throughout the entire process, and I had my blog up and running in no more than 10 minutes.
1. Blogging – naturally this is my first suggestion and can be very lucrative. It does require you to create a blog, build on the content for a few months in order to generate followers and visitors, encouraging search engines and content readers to visit and buy from advertisements or your own uploaded information documents
2. Create your own online store – online businesses such as eBay, Amazon and Zazzle provide you with the tools to create your own online store, offering products for sale, often without the need to store yourself as you can advertise products, prior to purchase, for a higher price, arranging despatch and delivery from your supplier direct to the customer
3. Online Assistant roles – there are various websites which advertise admin and data entry type jobs where you provide a typing, translation or proofreading service for an hourly rate, set fee or negotiated amount without you having to leave your front room. The requirements are set out in the job advert and you then offer your services to the advertiser
4. Write books, articles or instructions/courses – if you have story ideas, a skill that you can teach others or want to provide advice on a specific subject, why not write your own material. If you can tell someone or demonstrate something it is possible to turn this into an eBook, upload onto a marketplace and sell this to others.
5. Create YouTube video tutorials – similarly, instead of getting this in writing, why not record yourself, a presentation or screen capture video, upload onto YouTube and advertise your skills. Placing advertisements alongside this can generate a tidy income. Also advertising your own website or blog, eBook or products for sale.
Make Money Online Idea #3: Sell an Ebook
So after my initial success, I began traveling the world. The entire time I was traveling, I wrote down stories on my blog on what happened, the things I’ve seen, and the lessons I’ve learned.
Once I had enough content, I went over to Kindle and uploaded all of the content on there. I then went to Fiverr.com and had someone make me a book cover for only $5. That was the birth of The Lazy Man’s Guide to Living the Good Life.
One of the benefits of creating a blog is that you can monetize all the material on it in a more organized fashion in the form of a book.
For those that love the 4 Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss, all that book was was a compilation of all of the old blog posts on Tim Ferris’ blog.
I ended up following his footsteps.
Even though my sales suck compare to the 4 Hour Work Week, I am still able to get an extra $100 – $200/ month profit without investing any more time into it.
Most people would see this as pennies compared to the other money making ideas out there, but the power of writing books is that it will exist forever.
This is income that has consistently been coming in and it’s not going anywhere.
And ever since I moved to Chiang Mai, Thailand to focus on my YouTube channel and my journey towards financial freedom, it’s enough to pay for my fully furnished apartment while I run around Asia building my personal brand.
Here is the action steps you can do to get started:
Create a blog
Document your entire journey to building your first online business from any of these ideas on this blog post
Naturally people will find you from the search engines and begin following your story
After you get your first major success, package all of your blog posts into an eBook and paperback book for free on Amazon Kindle
The visitors of your blog will naturally see your book
They will end up buying it because of the value and inspiration that you have already provided to them
I never thought in a million years that I would become “an author.” I was a C+ writer in high school at best. But there is this crazy feeling you get once you finish a book. You begin to realize that the book will last forever long after you’re gone. And that it has the power to impact millions, leaving a legacy that you can be proud of.
The only question now is what legacy will you be leaving behind when you are gone?
Make Money Online Idea #4: Sell a Course
So if you focused your attention on building up a YouTube brand and a blog, naturally people will want to learn directly from you. They will thank you for all the free content that you have given them, and they’ll tell you how it was all life changing.
I remember when I got my first thank you email or snapchat message of how my free content on my blog and YouTube channel had helped someone make their first $100 online. It was mind blowing. I didn’t know how much of an impact I was actually having on people.
And these people that you have helped get initial success..
They will want more.
When I first got to this point, I tried helping everyone one on one as much as I could. But as my brand grew, I started to lose my time because I couldn’t help thousands of people personally every single day.
So to make things easier for myself and for everyone else, I ended up making a course. I realized that every single person I taught, I taught the exact same thing. So if I could organize them all into a video screen share tutorial, then it would give me the ability to impact more people.
6. Sell your own photographs – everyone today has a digital camera and there are many superb photographs taken every day. It was recently reported that there have been more photographs taken this year since then ever before. Everyone takes selfies, spontaneous photographs as well as those who do this for a living. Get your photographs uploaded to a stock photography site and earn an income every time someone buys one.
7. Affiliate marketing – this involves you advertising for sale other peoples’ products and, on making a sale, receiving a commission for that sale from the owner of the product. This can involve the creation of a website and advertising on this or creating advertisements, placing these on others’ websites to generate interest and hopefully a sale.
8. Create and sell unique items – jewellery for example. Other items include paintings, furniture, clothing, ornaments and so on. Once created, advertised on your own or others’ online shops for sale and generate an income. These can also be uploaded for sale on eBay, Amazon and other similar marketplaces.
9. Teach online – if you have a skill, specific expertise in a subject or have a hobby at which you excel, why not create a website offering hints, tips and advice. You can then go on to sell tutorials in eBook, video or audio formats.
10. Market research – there are numerous companies who pay website visitors to review products, websites and information sites and provide feedback and comments. This is then used by that company to advise their clients, make improvements or select specific products which perform well. Payments from these companies vary from discount vouchers, point collection and turn this into cash or free products in return.
Make Money Online Idea #5: Affiliate Marketing
Now as your brand grows because of the amount of value you provide, your audience will begin asking for more products that have helped you out.
For example for me, people wanted to know the exact softwares I was using to run my business.
The two major ones that I use are Shopify for anything eCommerce related and Clickfunnels for anything sales funnels related.
And since these two had affiliate programs, I would get a commission whenever I would recommend these products.
I would have recommended these products regardless. But with affiliate marketing, I get paid to share the products that I personally love using.
Make Money Online Idea #5: Product Sales Funnels
Product sales funnels are amazing. What are they? In essence, they give you the ability to sell more shit.
Plain and simple.
Product sales funnels have these things called up sells, down sells, cross sells, all of these increase the lifetime value of a customer.
I highly recommend product sales funnels because they are the most efficient in making high revenues with low spend on advertising.